- Manjistha, or Indian Madder, scientifically known as Rubia cordifolia, is a highly esteemed herb in Ayurveda, the traditional medicine system of India.
- It has numerous medicinal properties and has been used for centuries in various Ayurvedic formulations.
- Manjistha root is derived from the climbing shrub with vibrant red roots.
- The herb is native to India, but it is also found in other parts of Asia and Europe.
- The name “Indian Madder” is derived from the traditional use of its roots as a natural dye, producing a rich red color.
- Manjistha is considered a potent herb that acts on the blood and lymphatic systems.
- Manjistha is believed to have a cooling effect and is often used to pacify excess heat, or Pitta dosha.
- It is highly valued for its impact on skin health. It is used in various Ayurvedic skincare formulations for its ability to cleanse, nourish, and rejuvenate the skin.
- It is believed to support healthy blood flow and circulation, promoting cardiovascular health.
- Manjistha is often used to support healthy liver function and aid in the elimination of toxins from the body.
We recommend you take 1 teaspoon (2–3 g) of Manjistha Powder with lukewarm water or warm milk twice a day for best results or as directed by your health practitioner. Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Always consult a healthcare professional before using Manjistha Powder if you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medication.
- If you are menstruating, it is advisable to avoid the use of manjistha powder, as it may potentially cause or exacerbate heavy periods.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Information on this website is for informational purposes only. It is vital to consult a doctor before consuming any herbs or supplements and to check your prescription drug labels for contraindications. The products sold on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. They are formulated based on traditional Ayurvedic principles and are not meant to replace any medical treatment. We encourage you to seek professional medical advice for any health concerns you may have. Does not contain yeast, wheat, eggs, gluten, soy, gelatin, peanuts, shellfish, dairy, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, flavors, agave, artificial preservatives, or salicylates.